The location of the practice
The back of any finger, from the root of the fingernail to the proximal interphalangeal joint.(Figure 1.)
Figure 1. Practicing region
Figure 2. Acu-press pellets
Figure 3. After practice
Method of the Finger Therapy
- 1. Using a sharp peak instrument (such as a toothpick), start from the nail root, move gently toward the proximal interphalangeal joint while pressing it. Search for the points where the patient feels a sharp pang. The patient should identify these points.
- 3. The number of points does not matter. If the points are not found at once, repeat the procedure up to three times.
- 4. Acu-press pellets(Figure 2.) are attached to that point.
- 5. Keep the pallets on until they are taken off spontaneously. It usually takes 3 to 5 days(Figure 3.).
- 6. Symptom disappears within 2-3 seconds.
Attention: Only practice when symptoms are present. Practitioner and patient can recognize that symptom has disappeared.